Sunday, February 25, 2018

Why does G-d let people die?

Why does G-d let people die?  A lot of people when trying to prove a point to a believer is to point out that innocent people died before their time.  Why would G-d let kids die?  Well, for me at this point in my live I have a new view on it.  For those that believe in an afterlife or if you believe in a new life being reborn here on earth, if you believe in that then why would you believe that G-d would think that your child dying was a bad thing that he must stop?  Why would going to him and being in perfect peace and love be something he should save kids from?   When you grieve remember it is a selfish act.  I am not saying you are selfish but that it is natural and human to be selfish and want your loved ones with you.  It is very human to be in pain but maybe G-d is on a level that is higher than your understanding and he doesn't see people coming home to him or being reborn and moving forward with their journeys as a terrible horrible thing.  I am sure he wants everyone to have a long happy life but free will and laws of nature are the working forces on this earth and I think  G-d lets us have free will even if it is to kill.  He can't take away some's free will to save someone else.  He can't change the laws of nature to save someone's life.   He can't change the heart of someone who's heart he doesn't live in.  With that I mean that people will say that they pray that G-d would change the heart of someone else but he can't change someone if he doesn't live in them.  They have to use their free will to let him change their heart and mind.  G-d couldn't have stopped Hitler or Stalin because G-d didn't live in them.  But you will see G-d in those who he lives in.  Doesn't matter which name you call G-d or what religion you are in but if G-d lives in you the world can see it.  G-d didn't sit back and  do nothing during the Holocaust.  He guided the hearts of many people to help and to armies all over the plant to step up and put a stop to it.  But that doesn't mean that G-d sees the death of 6 million people the same as we here on earth do.  He would be welcoming them home or giving them a fresh start at a new life.  Either way he may not see it as the painful event we see it as.  So G-d not saving people's lives isn't to me proof that he isn't real. Don't get me wrong I don't believe G-d takes lives either.  Some will say he called someone home but I don't think so because again free will would be taken away. I think he would let us live and then life happens and people suffer or die.  Sometimes both.  But G-d lives inside every person who allows it and works in our heart to help, to love, to share, and to be G-d's hand on this earth.  I do not understand everything about this earth and there is to much unknown for me to cross anything off so I will choose to believe because at the end of the day it helps me and that is something we all need.  A way to get thru the day.
I guess I can apply this to my own life as well.  Maybe G-d sits so far up and doesn't have a society with standards so he doesn't think that Autism is a big deal.  G-d would probably think it was no different then the rest of us.  Maybe G-d would think I was crazy for being so worried and sad about my sons.  I think of G-d the way he is written about in the song "G-d is watching"
From a distance you look like my friend
Even though we are at war
From a distance I just cannot comprehend
What all this fighting is for
From a distance there is harmony
And it echoes through the land
And it's the hope of hopes
It's the love of loves
It's the heart of every man
It's the hope of hopes
It's the love of loves
This is the song for every man
God is watching us
God is watching us
God is watching us from a distance

Yes, you would have been a Nazi.

 People often say that if they lived in Nazi Germany that they would not have gone along with the Germans.  They would have known it was wro...